This fun and educational Artist-in-Residency will integrate Character, Music, and Language Education programs.
- It will facilitate deeper discussions on the core values outlined in Character Education and provide opportunities to integrate the creative music process with other subjects such as: Art. Science, French, Physical Education, Math, Future Technologies, Health and Language Education.
- The discussion process will be explored and channeled creatively into the lyrical side of the songwriting process – generally with the main theme outlined into the chorus, and then further aspects of the chosen “value” explored in verses;
- The lyric writing component will challenge the kids in the use of rhyming and rhythm structure, as well as melody;
- As the creation of the song develops, the integration of music making with the lyric will make the song come alive;
- When the song is finished, the song will be rehearsed and performed by the whole class at the final concert. Each class will perform their song for the rest of the school;
- The final recording session will challenge the class to work together and introduce them to the exciting process of recording a song!
- Acknowledge the importance of the arts for the development of self-esteem among students. It also fosters a sense of school unity, pride, sharing and accomplishment.
- Provide an opportunity for students to feel the full range of emotions that songs can powerfully convey – pride, joy, silliness, beauty etc. In other words, to experience their humanness.
- Give students an opportunity to develop confidence in singing and to experience the joy of this communal art form.
- Develop an awareness of the spontaneity and ever present possibilities of music making.
- Promote a sense of community in a warm and inspiring way.
- Teach various aspects of songwriting such as the use of brainstorming techniques, the importance of song title, hook and theme development, and how to use of song form, meter, syllables and rhyme to create wonderful music.
- Foster’s student’s arts skills and creativity and encourages the active participation of many students.
It is one thing to learn about music;
it’s magic to experience it.
Overview Objectives Song Samples What do you Get? Length of Residency Program Requirements Fund Raising School Pages Brochure Booking Requests